If you visit Hanoi for some days, look for tourist destination around Hanoi to go out, avoid the busy city, WiVietnam will suggest to you seven beautiful tourist places near Hanoi, that you can decide to visit within a day or stay overnight. You can also find some unique local experience in Hanoi by Locals
Tourist places near Hanoi to visit within one day
Duong Lam Ancient Village
- Address: Duong Lam, Son Tay district, Hanoi
- Directions to Duong Lam Ancient Village
- From Hanoi to Duong Lam Ancient Village: 50km
Duong Lam ancient village is one of the most exciting tourist destinations in the suburban of Hanoi, because of its distinctive architecture and pristine imprints of an old Vietnamese community in the Red River Delta such as banyan tree (cay da) and water wharf (ben nuoc), communal yard (san dinh), watchtower (diem canh), water well (gieng nuoc), field (dong ruong), mound (go), hill (doi), temple Mieu), pagoda (chua),…If you like old spaces and learn about historical and cultural sites, this is a destination not to be missed.
To experience the true nature of a village trip, you should rent a bicycle to ride and slowly explore every corner of the old village (bike rental price: 30,000 – 50,000 VND/hour or 80,000 – 100,000 VND /day).
When coming to Duong Lam Ancient Village, you should visit the highlights
- Mong Phu Village,
- Mia pagoda,
- Ngo Quyen’s mausoleum,
- and 300-year-old ancient houses are like the old house of Duong Thi Lan, Mr. Nguyen Van Hung, etc.
In particular, traveling to Duong Lam ancient village, you should enjoy the special tea with many rural dishes such roasted pork with a bamboo stick (thit quay don), Mia chicken (ga mia), soy sauce (tuong cham), sausage candy (keo doi cho).
Duong Lam Ancient Village travel experience:
- How to go to Duong Lam Ancient Village: From Hanoi, you ride motorbikes in the direction of the 21 st Street, which takes about one and half past hour to arrive. If making a bus, you can take the route 71 (My Dinh station – Son Tay station), 70 (Kim Ma station – Son Tay station), 77 (Ha Dong station- Son Tay station) – ticket price: 14,000 VND /trip.
- Entrance fee: When you enter the village you need to buy tickets at Mong Phu village gate – 20,000 VN.
- When visiting ancient houses: The ancient houses in Duong Lam are living homes, not a place for the community to visit free tourism. So, when attending to take photos, you should greet and ask the landlord for permission to be polite.
- Specialties of Duong Lam Ancient Village: You should buy some che lam cake (banh che lam) and sausage candy (keo doi cho) to bring home as a gift for your family and friends. Enjoying “che lam”, peanut candy and a romantic teacup are the best.
Bat Trang Pottery Village
- Address: Bat Trang, Gia Lam district, Hanoi
- Directions to Bat Trang Pottery Village
- From Hanoi to Bat Trang: 16km
Bat Trang is a famous traditional pottery making village – one of the most popular tourist destinations near Hanoi during the day. Coming to Bat Trang Pottery Village, you will be able to visit the working area of ceramic artisans, ceramic markets as well as pack souvenirs such as cups, plates, lovely items as gifts.
In particular, the most exciting activity of Bat Trang pottery village is probably the experience of manually molding clay blocks to create your ceramic products with the dedicated guidance from the craftsman. The fee will be calculated according to your complete product from molding clay to coming into the kiln and coloring is about 40,000 – 60,000 VND / product, unlimited time. You can sit all day making pottery as long as you can create a product as you hope.
Besides, for those who like to take photos, you can explore the old hamlet. In small narrow and deep alleys, moss on the laterite walls, climbing trellis-shaded on the rooftops, you will find yourself overwhelmed with the inspiration to “work out” fainting pictures.
Bat Trang travel experience:
- How to go to Bat Trang Pottery Village: From Hanoi, you can ride a motorbike in the direction of Thanh Tri Bridge, which takes about 45 minutes to arrive. If making a bus, you can take the route 47A (Long Bien station – Bat Trang), 47B (Long Bien – Kim Lan) or 52B (Thong Nhat park – Dang Xa) – ticket price: 7000 – 9000 VND / turn.
- What to eat in Bat Trang: near the Pottery market with a lot of shops, you can enjoy Bun Cha, which is also quite delicious. Also, there are many other dishes such as crystal rice cake (Banh te) 6000 VND / pair, cassava cake 5000 VND / unit.
- Tips to buy pottery: You will be attracted by the and colorful crafts when going to Bat Trang pottery market such as keychains, bracelets, cups, bowls, glass, etc. However, almost All the stalls in Bat Trang market now sell Chinese, Korean, or unknown products, and you should choose carefully before buying. Tips for standard Bat Trang pottery is to have Bat Trang stamps, light and transparent ceramic, lightly taped with hands to make sounds like metal, delicate patterns, not colorful.
However, now, most of the stalls in Bat Trang market sell Chinese, Korean, or unknown products, you should choose carefully before buying. Tips for standard Bat Trang pottery is to have Bat Trang stamps, light and bright pottery. Besides, lightly tapping your hands will sound like metal, delicate patterns, not colorful.
- Address: Huong Son, My Duc district, Hanoi
- Directions to Perfume Pagoda
- From Hanoi to Perfume Pagoda: 60km
Perfume Pagoda locates 60km to the southwest of Hanoi between the lush rice fields, the limestone mountain, and picturesque villages, Huong Pagoda is regarded as a tourist destination near Hanoi during the day for nature lovers.
When coming to Huong Pagoda, you will be enjoying the beautiful scenery on the rich cultivated land of the Red River Delta. In particular, the Perfume Pagoda – which is the main attraction, is a sprawling landscape in the Yen stream valley. Besides, you should experience the boat trip on the stream and visit Thien Tru Pagoda and Huong Tich cavern, Trinh Temple – this is considered the three most beautiful and sacred destinations to visit.
- How to go to Perfume Pagoda: You can go to the Perfume Pagoda by car, motorbike or bus. You can go towards National Highway 1A (Phap Van- Gie Bridge) by car or ride your motorbike along the old National Highway 1A towards Thanh Tri. With the choice of buses, you can take the route 103 My Dinh – Huong Son with only 9,000 VND / turn.
- Festival time Perfume Pagoda: Perfume Pagoda Festival usually takes place from January 6 until the end of the third lunar month, every year – is the season for Buddhist from everywhere to pilgrimage, officiate, pray for the peace. However, if you want to enjoy the full beauty of the country, peace of mind for Buddha worship and avoid the “tight slashing” tourism situation, you should go in the autumn of October and November – the fresh air cool, water lily blooming on the Yen stream is extremely poetic.
- Experience when ferrying: You should not follow the “stork”, who invite you to buy, because the ticket price will be very high, buy tickets at the gate, or go directly to Yen stream area to contact the boatmen around the station. The two-way boat price is 45,000 VND / person. Besides, you need to wear a life jacket and pay attention to safety when sitting on a boat.
- Entrance fee: 50,000 VND / trip
- Restaurant in Perfume pagoda: Catering around Perfume Pagoda is very much, but you should check the price first. Mai Lam Restaurant, which locates at the foot of the mountain to Thien Tru Pagoda, is the best quality with the rich menu, reasonable price, and good service quality, rated by many tourists.
- The specialty of Perfume Pagoda: When traveling to Perfume pagoda, there are many specialties for you to enjoy. Here you can eat lettuce cake, or dishes made from lettuce, this is the vegetable in Huong Son area that other places do not have. Besides, in the summer, there is also a forest apricot fruit, which is quite crispy and sweet.
Tourist places near Hanoi for staying overnight
Trang An – Bai Dinh pagoda (Ninh Binh)
- Address: Trang An, Ninh Xuan, Hoa Lu Ninh Binh
- Directions to Trang An – Bai Dinh – Ninh Binh
- From Hanoi to Trang An: 96km
To enjoy all the charming natural beauty of Trang An – Ninh Binh, you should take a boat on the branch of the peaceful and green Sao Khe river as jade. The journey of discovery will go through 12 caves and three temples, and there are prominent caves such as Bright cave, Dark cave, Nau Ruou cave, Sinh cave, Si cave, Ba Giot cave. The tourists not only are admired the glittering stalactite columns to be created by nature, the dramatic landscape of the river, the golden yellow rice along the two banks, but also heard the old and ancient interesting stories of life by the boatmen.
Also, Ninh Binh has many other famous places
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong ( Three cave grottos)
- Thung Nham Bird Garden,
- Cuc Phuong National Park,
- Stone Church
However, if you travel near Hanoi during the day, Trang An and Bai Dinh Pagoda are the two most visited places. The distance from Bai Dinh Pagoda to Trang An tourist area is about 10 km. Bai Dinh Pagoda is the most impressive scale and architecture in Vietnam. With the beautiful scenery of Bai Dinh Pagoda, this is the most checked-in temple in Ninh Binh. Visitors come here not only to visit and officiate but also to record the beautiful images of the temple.
Trang An- Bai Dinh travel experience:
- The high season of domestic travel in Ninh Binh: The best time to go to Ninh Binh is from January to March of the lunar month, tourists can combine tourism and spring walk to pray for good luck. In addition, the end of May and early June, the yellow rice in Tam Coc is very suitable for tourists who like to take photos.
- Trang An entrance fee: VND 200,000 / adult, VND 100,000 / baby under 140cm.
- Electric car service in Bai Dinh Pagoda: VND 30,000 / person / turn
- Visiting Bao Thap – Bai Dinh Pagoda: VND 50,000 / person / turn
- Restaurants in Trang An – Bai Dinh: Bai Dinh has many delicious restaurants, reasonable prices such as Van Bao Ngoc restaurant, Quan Que market, Tung Dung, Chinh Thu goat meat, etc. in the near Trang An tourist area.
- Specialties of Ninh Binh: Burmese Eel for breakfast (999 Tran Hung Dao – price: 30,000 VND / bowl), Ninh Binh mountain goat meat (thit de nui Ninh Binh), burnt rice – goat sauce (com chay-sot de), Nhech fish salad (goi ca nhech), roasted crab with guise leaves (cua dong rang la lot), mountain snails (oc da), Yen Mac fermented pork roll (nem chua Yen Mac), Kim Son wine (ruou Kim Son), Gia Vien shrimp sauce (mam tep Gia Vien), Dong Dao pineapple juice (nuoc dua Dong Dao), …
- Souvenirs: Buddhist pillar of Nhat Tru pagoda, Trang An painting, Binh Phong pen box engraved the vestiges of Ninh Binh, Wood driftwood carved Thuy poetry, Bai Dinh pagoda stupa…
Tam Dao National Park (Vinh Phuc)
- Address: Tam Dao, Vinh Phuc
- Directions to Tam Dao – Vinh Phuc
- From Hanoi to Tam Dao: 72km
Tam Dao – a place like Da Lat, Sapa with four seasons changing weather during the day. Besides, a cloudy mountain scene is very suitable to go on vacation, if you are looking for a tourist destination near Hanoi in two weekends.
The destination should not be overlooked, when coming to Tam Dao is the old Tam Dao church with the Gothic architecture of the pan-European style. It presents the beautiful old European essence among the immense pine forest. From this place, you can see the lovely small and peaceful town underneath. If you are a nature lover, try conquering the Television Tower with a height of 92 meters, Rung Ring Peak, the high and dangerous Silver Fall and rowing the boat to watch the green and clear Xa Huong Lake. The journey will be fascinating. Tam Dao, next to the resort, is also a place for Buddhists to make a pilgrimage to the pagoda and pray for peace, this is a famous place for the stop of Tinh That Tay Thien and Ba Chua Thuong Ngan Temple year-round smoking incense.
Tam Dao national park travel experience
- When to visit Tam Dao: You should travel in spring, especially March is the most beautiful, with the beauty of the young green grass, wild orchids, the cardamom blooms on both sides of the road. Besides, the cold climate will give you a relaxing and pleasant feeling.
- Accommodation in Tam Dao: There are many options from famous to high-end guesthouses to stay overnight in Tam Dao. However, to experience the trip with the right vacation and have a comfortable space to play with friends, there are many beautiful villas, homestays or resorts for you to choose. Belvedere Resort and Le Bleu Floating Clouds are two extremely hot addresses which have been checked by many tourists recently.
- Tam Dao’s specialties: In addition to the popular places to be visited, you also should enjoy the fried wild chayote stirs with garlic or famous hill chicken in Tam Dao
Mai Chau valley (Hoa Binh)
- Address: Mai Chau, Hoa Binh
- Directions to Mai Chau – Hoa Binh
- From Hanoi to Mai Chau: 160km
Mai Chau is a beautiful small valley in the middle of the mighty Northwest Mountain, containing a poetic beauty that makes every tourist become ecstatic and fluttering. For those of you who like the unique experience of mountain forests and ethnic culture, Mai Chau is one of the exciting tourist destinations near Hanoi. Therefore, you should come at least once in your life to explore this place.
Lac village in Mai Chau district of Hoa Binh province, a tourist destination near Hanoi for those who love nature and want to experience the wildness of Northwest Vietnam
When coming to Mai Chau, you should rent bicycles to stroll around the villages such as Lac 1 village, Ban Lac 2, Pom Coong village, Van village, Nhot village, Naphon village, etc and watch the rice fields, enjoy the beautiful scenery. For those who are young, dynamic, interested in exploring, they can trek to Chieu cave and Mo Luong cave or rent rafts and rowing rafts along streams around Lac village. Hiring a motorbike to Go Lao Waterfall or visiting Pu Luong is an exciting experience.
Mai Chau tourism experience
- How to go to Mai Chau: There are many ways to go to Mai Chau. If you want to explore the experience with your friends freely, you can choose to go by motorbike. Besides, you can drive the car, take the bus or tour if you travel with your family. There would be shuttle bus from Hanoi to Mai Chau valley departs every morning.
- When to visit Mai Chau: The best time of year to visit Mai Chau is spring (from February to May) – cherry blossoms, plum blossoms, apricot blossom blooms or in the season of September and October rice season, which is the fresh and not raining weather.
- Accommodation in Mai Chau valley: You should experience sleeping on the floor once. In Ban Lac 1, Ban Lac 2 has a lot of homestays for you to choose, priced from 20,000 – 50,000 VND / person for collective stilt houses. If staying in a separate room, the price ranges from 250,000 to 300,000 VND / room. For large groups, the whole floor should be rented with the price from 500,000 – 800,000 VND / night. Especially, if you want to experience in a private space with high-class services, you can come and relax in Mai Chau Ecolodge – beautiful 4-star resort in Na Thia village (reference price: 2,000,000 VND)
- Mai Chau’s specialty: Rice in bamboo tube (Com Lam), five-colored sticky rice (xoi ngu sac), Muong pork (thit lon Muong), bitter bamboo (mang dang), stir-fried bees with sour bamboo shoots (ong rung xao mang chua), hill chicken (Ga doi), Phao leaf water (nuoc la Phao), etc.
- Souvenirs: handmade fabrics, scarves, hats, and cotton animals .. woven with lovely and unique brocade motifs.
Cat Ba Island
- Address: Tran Chau, Cat Hai, Hai Phong
- Directions to Cat Ba Island
- From Hanoi to Cat Ba island: 150km
In addition to Do Son, Cat Ba archipelago is also one of the most popular tourist destinations near Hanoi – it considers as Vien Dong Pearl Island.
Cat Co beach of Cat Ba Island has bright and beautiful seawater, which is suitable for swimming. Cat Co one is the largest and most crowded beach. Therefore, you can go to the shore of Cat Co two or Cat Co three, which is more deserted and beautiful, suitable for taking photos. However, a lot of sharp and careless stones will make you easily scratch. Diving to see coral reefs is also a very favorite activity for tourists coming to Cat Ba Island, if you are adventurous, especially try (price 600,000 – 1,000,000 VND / 30p with coach). Besides, there are many destinations and other exciting activities such as visiting Cannon Fort, Cat Ba National Park, mangrove forest, kayaking in Lan Ha Bay, taking a boat to Monkey Island, etc.
Cat Ba Island travel experience
- How to go to Cat Ba Island: From Hanoi, you can ride Hoang Long bus from Underground Water Bus Station to 5B highway, go straight to Ben Got, then take a ferry or high-speed train to Fish Port – Cat Ba town center.
- When to visit Cat Ba Island: Domestic visitors usually go to Cat Ba Island in the summer, holidays such as April 30, May 1, September 2. However, this is also the peak season for tourist services; eating and drinking are quite expensive. If you intend to go on these occasions, you should take the initiative to book a room and contact the agents that provide catering and entertainment services first.
- Cat Ba seafood: You can buy seafood at Cat Ba market, or it is best to ask the landlord to buy. The price may be a bit high, but they are indigenous people to know how to choose fresh and more secure seafood.
- Specialties of Cat Ba: sun-dried squid (muc mot nang), wild honey (ong rung), Cat Hai fish sauce (nuoc mam Cat Hai), crispy coconut rolls (banh cha dua), sun-dried mackerel (ca thu mot nang),…
- Address: Ha Long, Quang Ninh
- Directions to Halong Bay
- From Hanoi to Ha Long: 170km
This unique UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the best quality beach destinations near Hanoi for weekend trips and holidays with family, friends, and relatives. You should spend a few days to enjoy the beauty of this magnificent natural bay and experience the exciting discoveries.
Ha Long Bay is famous not only for its beautiful beaches, blue beaches, and majestic limestone mountains but also for its sparkling, spectacular, mesmerizing stone caves. Sung Sot Cave, Thien Cung Cave, Dau Go Cave, Dong Cung Cave, Virgin Cave, and Drum Cave are the 6 most beautiful caves in Ha Long Bay which you will explore.
Also, you can also visit the coastal fishing villages such as Vung Vieng, Cua Van, and Ba Hang, …This is not only an exciting stop for tourists who like to learn about the life of fishers but also a place to take beautiful photos.
You can visit Halong Bay on an overnight cruise, check out the itinerary here: https://wivietnam.com/cruise/halong-bay-cruises/
Ha Long also has a series of amusement parks and exciting recreational activities such as Ha Long Sun World Park, kayaking, night cruises on the bay to play and experience.
>>> Get the best deals from #1 Halong Bay cruise booking agency
Hopefully, the list suggests that you have chosen the tourist destination near Hanoi for your group and prepare for interesting experiences in new lands. If you need more information about any location, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below for us.